This is a video walkthrough and “Let’s Play” of BANISHED – focusing on the lategame.
Originally I made this into a series of videos but decided to put it up as one video with bookmarks instead.
Map Seed on “Rykkstad” the main playthrough map:
Seed = 478934428
Type = Valleys
Size = Large
0:00 – Introduction
2:40 – Skip Introduction: How I Build Banished Towns
10:05 – Crop Alternating/Spacing
17:05 – Workers & Building Types
24:15 – Late Game Review
28:45 – Flaws & Problems in Banished
32:50 – Final Thoughts on Late/End-Game
33:30 – Final Thoughts on Banished – Good & Bad, (+Tips!)
39:20 – BONUS: Preview of my next town (lessons learned)
42:30 – BONUS: Longest Bridge Contest!
My notes for this video
how to build a town:
– “settlement” cluster and “forestry” cluster
– starting out: fishery + town center, or build first “forestry” cluster
– expansion and how to design town:
— center: market, produced goods, houses, services
— exterior ring: crops
— expand to next area: forestry cluster
— stockpiles, barns, wells in all corners
– build bridges!!
– alternate crops/pastures/orchards to avoid pests spreading
workers and building types:
– foresters only need half (50%), but good to have 2x as needed
– herbalist x1 (2 workers/each) for each 200 pop
– hunters: max, in good area can double up
– gatherers: max, best food production, but cant double up
– woodcutter: between forestry cluster and settlement cluster, next to stockpile
– herdsmen: max
– farmers: minimum 50%, work up as food is needed
– trader: just need 1 in each trade yard
– all services: max
so what is lategame in banished?
– copy/paste of the same thing: clusters of farmer settlements, forestry clusters, etc.
– managing map space: be smart with how you build, especially permanent buildings, eg: mines and quarries
– this is not a city builder: the simulation of survival is the same at the end as it is in the beginning, there is no tech, productivity doesnt improve (actually it gets worse as your town spreads out)
– expanding is hard: collectors die (see problems/flaws below)
– you are at the late game once you have 2 settlement clusters and a connecting forestry cluster, the rest is just copy/paste until you’ve “conquered” the map.
– this is a sandbox game. not a city builder.
problems/bugs/flaws with banished:
– late game, large maps = starving collectors. collectors need to travel all the way back home to eat/gather resources. even if they live on opposite side of map and die on the way there.
— fix: make storage barns, stockpiles, and markets collection point for anyone, anywhere
thoughts on banished:
– too slow, unplayable at 1x, not worth playing at 2x — 5x or 10x only way to play game
– UI needs more efficient ways to jump to and control things
— cycle through buildings of a specific type (eg: tailor)
— set production to a specific type for all buildings of that type (eg: set all tailors to warm coats)
– there is no end game – once you get to a certain point, you just start over. this is a sandbox.
– amazing feat for a single developer
– really well built simulation engine
– impressively stable
– good UI, clean, easy to use, customizable!
– challenging – by game design, not by confusing mechanics
– simply complex = game mechanics are beautifully built, easy to understand (tutorial is wonderful), and complex enough to keep challenging you
Xem thêm bài viết khác: https://sam-pointer.com/game/